Philipp Humm’s work draws from his rich and varied life experiences and is deeply reflective and often political. He enjoys exploring the idiosyncrasies and contradictions of contemporary life. Humm is a multi-disciplinary artist working in sculpture, film, photography and painting.
Humm’s mind has been described by many as that of two, the intellectual and the creative, both working in harmony.
Philipp Humm is a German/English artist with studios in London and Southern France.
Humm has created a Gesamtkunstwerk “total works of art” based on Goethe’s Faust, called THE LAST FAUST. It answers the questions of what happens to the Faust-Pact in modern Silicon Valley. It comprises of a feature length artfilm, a novella and 200 artworks.
Humm has exhibited in numerous countries including the UK, USA, Germany, Korea, Singapore and Italy and has had extensive global press coverage as an artist. The well-known art critic Edward Lucie-Smith dedicated a book to Humm’s early work.
Humm has been working as a fulltime artist since 2015. He was previously CEO at Vodafone, Amazon and T-Mobile and practised art on the side. He has studied painting and sculpture at The London Fine Art Studios and the Florence Academy of Arts and holds a BA in Philosophy and a MBA.
- Saatchi Gallery (START), London 2022
- Galeria Foret (START) Seoul, Korea 2022
- Royal Society of British Artists – Mall Galleries, London 2022
- Saatchi Gallery (START), London 2021
- Solo – Bermondsey Project Space, London 2020
- Saatchi Gallery (START), London 2020
- Context – New York, Modern and Contemporary – Los Angeles USA 2018
- Start / Saatchi London 2018
- Solo – Dadiani Fine Arts, London 2019
- Saphira & Ventura Gallery, New York 2019
- Saphira & Ventura gallery, New York 2018
- Palazzo Ca’ Zanardi – Its Liquid competition – Venice 2017
- Sunny Art Centre Art Prize (sculpture) – London 2017
- Gallery Sans Titre – Potsdam/Germany 2017
- Solo event – Luxury Law Summit – London 2017
- Solo event – Mark Hix – London 2017
- Solo event – Rolls Royce – London 2017
- Solo – CNB Gallery – London 2017
- Solo event – Saatchi Gallery with Wallpaper/Rossana – London 2017
- Solo – Riflemaker Gallery – London 2016
- Werkhallen Gallery – Remagen – Germany 2016
- Walton Fine Arts Gallery – London 2016
- Ashurst Emerging Artist Prize – London 2016
- Broadway Art Festival – Little Buckland – UK 2016
- Best International Creatives 2016 – Art Quench Gallery.com – USA 2016
- Exclusive artist of the PURE Fair at Olympia – London 2016